Top 5 Summer Food Trends
Remember when kale and brussels sprouts were the “it” vegetables of the season? Not this spring and summer! Gaylord National Resort’s executive chef has been following food trends across the country to offer the hottest new items on the resort’s menus for meeting planners to choose from. Five trends that are guaranteed to appeal to your attendees include:
- POKE – Inspired from the Pacific Rim and Hawaiian culture, this high quality cubed tuna or salmon dish has most prominently been making waves across the West Coast. Planners will see both bowl options available on our catering menus this summer.
- Plant-Based Dining – There is growing demand for protein-rich menu substitutions. New menu items featuring ancient grains, like faro, quinoa and chia for composed salads, parfaits and hot entrees are lighter and healthier eating option.
- Cauliflower – Though mild flavored, cauliflower is one of the most versatile vegetables on the market and rapidly becoming the “it” veggie of the season. Planners will see a variety of new preparations of the vegetable including cauliflower ‘rice,’ cauliflower purees paired with entrees and romanesco cauliflower steaks.
- Cutting Out Sugars – With an increase in heart disease and other health concerns throughout the country, people are looking at ways to cut down on sugar intake. Indulge in a variety of beverage options using low-glycemic, fresh fruits and other natural sweeteners to provide low-sugar alternatives with great flavor and taste.
- Chickpea – The chickpea is also moving to the forefront this season. Everything from hummus made in-house to roasted salt and vinegar chickpeas will be seen throughout the resorts – from catering menus to on-site restaurants.
Successful meetings start here.
Combining the magnificence of our spectacular resorts with an unrivaled personal touch guarantees the increased flexibility and efficiency you need to create your perfect meeting. It's a philosophy every bit as unique as our properties themselves, and an experience you'll only find at Gaylord Hotels — where higher standards plus superior value make the difference between just another good meeting and the best meeting you've ever had.
Meetings at Gaylord Hotels
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Pinterest